Thread: Left 4 Dead

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

Re: Left 4 Dead

Was the AI taken out as well? think Louis was wasn't he? you were the sole survivor in that game.

I'm not so sure that staying in the dinning room in the farm house was the best option, too many ways for the horde to come in, including through the wall! Is the barn a better option?

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    I started to come out of the rescue vehicle and got onto the porch to come and get you, but then i saw sleepy nearly with you and went back, then i saw you die and sleepy come running back while i had the horde in the rescue vehicle

Then i thought tank was going to get in with me :/, but he went for sleepy instead
    Yeah yeah...heard it all before! You just save yourself like at the start of any/all maps you are the first in the safe room absolutely miles infront of everyone else. I bet you just hid in the back of the rescue vehicle and hoped tank went for me (which he did).

Oh you can stand in front of the rescue vehicle as it's arriving and it doesn't hurt you, it just goes through you (or rather you go through it). I was hoping to be knocked for six

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zadock View Post
    Was the AI taken out as well? think Louis was wasn't he? you were the sole survivor in that game.

I'm not so sure that staying in the dinning room in the farm house was the best option, too many ways for the horde to come in, including through the wall! Is the barn a better option?
    Just experimenting with the two locations Where TAKTAK and I were in that corner is pretty safe as long as there is at least two of you in that corner. The problem with the barn is you can hurt yourself if you fall from the top level (which I do often )

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Yeah yeah...heard it all before! You just save yourself like at the start of any/all maps you are the first in the safe room absolutely miles infront of everyone else
    Well they shouldn't dawdle then

The first levels are easy, not many/any special infected or tanks, just common, so just a quick dash to the end and over with... It's not my fault that some people insist on searching every single room
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

People seem to play the other campaigns more often, I'm much more familiar with No Mercy and Death Toll. Death Toll has a fun finale so long as everyone takes up positions on the top floor of the house. No Mercy is quite easy if you get everyone on top of the tower with assault rifles or hunting rifles... and pile up the gas cans on the flat roof below to kill the tanks.

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

Thanks

Well they shouldn't dawdle then

The first levels are easy, not many/any special infected or tanks, just common, so just a quick dash to the end and over with... It's not my fault that some people insist on searching every single room
    Dawdle? Ever since you learnt how to jump off the roof of the first level of No Mercy (and live) it's all you do Jump, heal, run, set off car alarm. The rest of the people have to deal with the horde (I know that one as I got kicked for leaving them behind doing exactly the same.)

People seem to play the other campaigns more often, I'm much more familiar with No Mercy and Death Toll. Death Toll has a fun finale so long as everyone takes up positions on the top floor of the house. No Mercy is quite easy if you get everyone on top of the tower with assault rifles or hunting rifles... and pile up the gas cans on the flat roof below to kill the tanks.
    No Mercy is more fun if you have one guy call for rescue and everyone else stays down the ladder

I quite prefer Dead Air and Blood Harvest though the latter is a pain in the bum when you have a team that insists searching every room...find the new guns and get to the end. If you find molotovs, keep them for the tank. It's like in No Mercy when you press the button to turn on the extending lift thing to get to the roof; why hide in the corner when it's far easier to get to the roof and peg it to the next room? All the horde does is slow you down and take some health off you.

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

Dawdle? Ever since you learnt how to jump off the roof of the first level of No Mercy (and live) it's all you do Jump, heal, run, set off car alarm. The rest of the people have to deal with the horde (I know that one as I got kicked for leaving them behind doing exactly the same.)

No Mercy is more fun if you have one guy call for rescue and everyone else stays down the ladder

I quite prefer Dead Air and Blood Harvest though the latter is a pain in the bum when you have a team that insists searching every room...find the new guns and get to the end. If you find molotovs, keep them for the tank. It's like in No Mercy when you press the button to turn on the extending lift thing to get to the roof; why hide in the corner when it's far easier to get to the roof and peg it to the next room? All the horde does is slow you down and take some health off you.
    Down the ladder? hmmmm... that sounds like an interesting way of doing it, but that does mean someone is screwed though! where does that one man go?

the jump off the roof thing is a pain, last time I tried that one guy got stuck and we couldn't get to him... meanwhile the "master mind" of the whole strategy had buggered off and gotten himself analised by a witch, que swearing and logging off because we couldn't get to him in time.

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

You can't jump off the roof in VS mode unless I am mistaken, and I never play campaign these days.
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks

Down the ladder? hmmmm... that sounds like an interesting way of doing it, but that does mean someone is screwed though! where does that one man go?

the jump off the roof thing is a pain, last time I tried that one guy got stuck and we couldn't get to him... meanwhile the "master mind" of the whole strategy had buggered off and gotten himself analised by a witch, que swearing and logging off because we couldn't get to him in time.
    I was thinking the one guy can hole out in the Jesus Room. Not tried it yet (without bots)...however it was quite amusing with a couple of bots.

lol @ analised by a witch. TAKTAK did enough of that last night but he is the master of jumping off the roof of No Mercy. I can do it 90% of the time; really amusing watching the rest of the team work their way through the map from the safe room - I even used ALL the health packs in the safe room just to be annoying.

EDIT: You can't do the roof jump on versus. I like campaign just to kill zombies Versus gets fustrating when you have people spawning just to play for 3 seconds then die or people who get into position, or you think they are, you spawn, they don't, you die and they move off without spawning. Conversely as Survivors, the teams who just HAVE to check every room.
    Last edited by sleepyhead; 17-03-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

The jesus room does exist on the PC version then? I'm willing to give that a try at some point, be quite an achievement to manage the untouchables.

Do the horde come down the ladder?

Thanks

The jesus room does exist on the PC version then? I'm willing to give that a try at some point, be quite an achievement to manage the untouchables.

Do the horde come down the ladder?
    The zombies invade the jesus room - it's just a nice bottle neck to filter the zombies.

The horde DO come down (and up) the ladder. Just makes things more interesting not doing it the usual manner. I have to check but last time I tried it, I couldn't call the rescue until everyone was off the roof though managed it with TAKTAK down the ladder when I called for rescue. It was quite quiet where I was, TAKTAK had the horde after him

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

I just got L4D for a mate for his birthday, we're going to have a easy session later so he can used to the game. May send out a couple of invites if people don't mind "baby sitting".

Thanks

I just got L4D for a mate for his birthday, we're going to have a easy session later so he can used to the game. May send out a couple of invites if people don't mind "baby sitting".
    oO! Me! Me!! It's a nice chance to take levels slowly and review how the horde "invade" in different locations.

I got mullered last night in a game as I went to rescue a downed survivor, the other two just wanted to hide. :/ It's all about sticking together.

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

Anyone want a game against me and 3 of my mates tonight?

Ragequitters need not apply!
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Had a great game with Zadock and Sleepyhead just now, Zadock nursed us to the finish as sleepy had 0 health and i had 13 (getting the no heal achieve)
    But we made it
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks

Had a great game with Zadock and Sleepyhead just now, Zadock nursed us to the finish as sleepy had 0 health and i had 13 (getting the no heal achieve)
    But we made it
    What was funny was the fact the first tank got stuck in the window...oh and purposefully letting the bot die (poor francis).

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 31320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information