Page 101 of 146 FirstFirst ... 51617181919899100101102103104111121131141 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,616 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    bubbaganoush yes Creative driver and reinstalling that software will not do any good becuases if I was to disable the ATI 550 in the device manager and reboot the problem is gose away so there for it had to do with ATI drivers.

thethinman have you try non edit files in WorkShop and what ver are you using? I only use Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2

Yes I have used unedited files, with chapters 5 minutes apart with no problem. I am running version 2.231 Of DVD WorkShop 2.

Thanks
    what about chapters at 1 minutes apart

Registered+
    Thanks
    Okay it seems there is a sharpness setting in programs that can modify procamp settings, has anyone got it to actually do anything? In the progs I got, the only thing happens is the slider can be moved but doesn't effect the video.

Registered+
    Thanks
    what about chapters at 1 minutes apart
    I just authored and burned a disc with one minute chapters (using DVD WorkShop, video is untouched, with mpeg audio converted to AC3 during authoring). It plays without error.

Thanks
    Maybe it has something to with MovieFactory 2.0 even with latest patch install being I haven't try any of newer ver MovieFactory becuase I don't care for the folder to burn copy tool which dosen't have an option for label the disc if I had per-shrink the file to fit the disc and I dosen't care a few other odd and end's thing's in the new ver but good news is DVDComposer work fine, but I still fine it odd that output a new file with Womble MPEG-VCR fix the problem for MovieFactory 2.0 for it to work rigth on setup chapters and any case thank thethinman for take the time to try that.

Thanks
    Hi, After playing around with Graphedit and turning off the Noise Reduction my pic is 100% better, I would say near perfect.

But everytime i reboot it resets, ive tried three different drivers to find the one that doesnt reset the settings but cant find the right one... whats the version number?

Anyone know what Graphedit actually changes, i dont think it does reg changes as i used regmon and couldnt see anything changing. Or does anyone know how 2 turn off Noise reduction all the time??

Registered+
    Thanks
    Nuxx, I agree. I turned off the noise reduction last week and noticed a dramatic improvement in picture quality, especially facial features. I would like to know how to get the changes in graphedit to stick through a reboot though. Also, the sharpness control is now available but moving the slider does absolutely nothing...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund
    ...whatever happend to...
    If I tell you the answer to that question - I will have to shoot you

However, I can confirm that none of them have been ignored - and all of them have a great chance of getting a 'cool' response in the very near future

The great thing about this thread is that it has goaded so many people into action/questioning/community... fantastic !

The only downside is the size

With somewhere over 105 pages - I'd hate to be joining in now and not really being aware of where it all started

Q: Do you think our grandchildren will study this thread as part of a 'history of TV' course ?

"X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    Andrzej..... any chance of any ideas on how to make Graphedit settings stick on reboot? As the default settings look really **** on my 42" plasma, so i have to change them on every reboot.... Real pain in the butt

Thanks
    Thanks, Andrzej.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ron329
    Nuxx, I agree. I turned off the noise reduction last week and noticed a dramatic improvement in picture quality, especially facial features. I would like to know how to get the changes in graphedit to stick through a reboot though. Also, the sharpness control is now available but moving the slider does absolutely nothing...

Aha!... I theorized the softness was due to an over-aggressive noise reduction about 50 or so pages ago.. thanks for the confirmation. Frankly the problems with the card (software) has sort of killed my interest in it. I haven't used it in a couple of months.

Jonas

Thanks
    Say Andrzej then ask them to open up ATI forum on ATI web site.
    105 page or 1,617 post is small the biggest one I ever saw 300+ page well over 4,000+ post but I sure there are bigger one then that.

Q: Do you think our grandchildren will study this thread as part of a 'history of TV' course ?
    That Depend if hexus.net is still around but you never know

Thanks
    ...depends if hexus.net is still around...
    Blasphemy !
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks

external ati 550 pro solutions?

looking for a tuner card & playing catch up with this (very impressive) thread. a couple of quick questions:

1) anyone know of an external usb version of the 550 pro (to use with a laptop)?
    2) would it be the best choice anyway, or does hauppagauge (whatever) still come out top?

actually, if anyone could help me with this as well, i'd be really grateful:
    what i'm really looking for is a way to capture the signal from my sky+ box to my laptop (to the HD and/or DVD). the sky+ box has all the right outputs, s-video/optical and analogue audio out etc.

does anyone have any experience in doing this? what do i actually need to do the job? i am willing to pay extra rather than just a budget/low-quality option... agian, an external usb solution to work with my laptop.
    would be really grateful for any thoughts.. i almost feel embarssed for crashing such an auspicious thread!

Thanks
    Hi all,

I am new for using MCE2005. But I have a question that is how to make use of the Sapphire Theater 550 Pro in MCE2005. Cause when I install all the software and hardware. The MCE program still can't scan any of channel during the tuner setting. I am living in HongKong with PAL-I TV system. I have a Sapphire Theater 550 pro PAL-I version, and the driver version is 10.86. Please, would some one can help me to get rid of this problem?

Thanks!

Tim : )

Thanks
    Hey Andrzej. Yes, I'm about to ask you the SAME question again. (you know what question, don't you?).
    Will we ever have Dolby Digital encoding?
    Cheers.

Thread Information