Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ... 112131414849505152535461718191101 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Sorry for getting a bit off point but ,
    OK, you got me curious so i cheched , I bought my my model 70 i386-16mhz in 1988.
    XGA was introduced in 1990.
    I found this 1990 summary online:

Intel releases the 80386SL processor.
    Microsoft releases Windows 3.0
    The World, the first commercial Internet dial-up access provider comes online.
    Creative Labs introduces the SoundBlaster Pro.
    Microsoft and IBM stop working together to develop operating systems.
    IBM introduces XGA.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Actually both are available with BeyondTV. through the web browser interface. I don't know why they didn't just make it accessible through the main window.

Jonas
    As bitrate control they are available with BeyondTV Web Administration.
    S/Video can be add by runing the BeyondTV Setup Wizard or go in the Web Administration here link to it http://localhost:8129/ BeyondTV dose need be runing for the link to work.
    I agree with you jonaslasky about that maybe some day they get a round to it.
    Thanks for the reply.

S.

Thanks
    Yes hrlslcbr the sound is out of sync and I no idea why that is when it in REAL time mode

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    SHSPVR: I've got sound to work (only in composite in, haven't tried S-Video yet), but it is out of sync...

@Andrzej, Michael: I insist on the Dolby Digital support (and drivers that will fix the 3D comb filter using composite in, and ALL options on the drivers)...

It's strange that even though VirtualVCR and iuVCR are very similar, I get no sound from VirtualVCR, but I get sound with iuVCR.. very curious. So now I
    can record sound and video, and if I don't use compression CPU utilization is very low. In fact viewing live TV has similar usage profile, since it's not encoding then decoding the stream. The only problem is I still can't get audio with live TV. Ultimately... who cares. I have my TV for viewing live TV

Jonas

Thanks
    Well add one more review to the list
    http://www.rage3d.com/content/review...tvwonderelite/

Thanks
    Well, I thought it couldn't get worse...my system crashed TWICE while setting the filters options on GraphEdit, and the error report sent to micro$oft, said there was a problem with a device driver (I installed a fresh copy of win xp yesterday). Weird.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Well add one more review to the list
    http://www.rage3d.com/content/review...tvwonderelite/
    Good article; some pertinent comments:

"In lieu of their own MultiMedia Center application, ATI is using Cyberlink's Power Cinema with the Elite to provide basic PVR functions such as pausing, rewinding, and recording Live TV. Unfortunately ATI's version of Power Cinema pales in comparison to the features which MMC and even many other TV viewing applications offer to users.

First, and most noticeably, is the lack of an Electronic Program Guide. Buying a TV capture card and not getting a program guide is like buying a car and not getting sparkplugs. ATI has mentioned that an EPG will be bundled with an updated retail package, but should you already have an Elite and it's missing an EPG, then you'll have to wait for ATI to provide a download or find another alternative.

Secondly, Power Cinema doesn't recognize that the TV Wonder Elite has S-Video and Composite connections available for TV viewing. While Coax is still used by many people, S-Video and other types of better quality inputs are quite popular as well. S-Video and Composite are available within Power Cinema, but only in the "Video Capture" area of the application so there's really no excuse for not supporting them for TV viewing. ATI has mentioned to me that they will inquire about an update to the app to get that added, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it."
    Hopefully, ATI will insist on a Power Cinema repair, and provide it free to its customers.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    Maybe ATI counted on this all along? It'd sure be a shrewd move on their part to artificially create a cult status and underground movement for this card by denying the support they promised... Am I crazy here, you guys...?
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Hopefully, ATI will insist on a Power Cinema repair, and provide it free to its customers.
    e.lectronic, you're not crazy, I think you've sussed out the real reason. So satnav4, the answer to your hypothesis depends on:
    Will ATi decide to accelerate the help they provide their partners or not?
    If ATi nickel and dime us, they'll not provide their 3rd parties the support they need to bring this card to spec in a timely manner even though it appears the hardware is ready and we just need software support for the end-user.
    If ATi face up to their responsibilities, they'll probably present a slightly embarassed silence for a while and quietly provide the partner support so as to bring the card up to speed for non-MCE people.

That's only one step: as tests posted here have demonstrated, some of the card's core functions don't appear to respond despite the newest driver and no software company in the world can implement code until they've got a working driver. The ball is very much in ATi's court to straighten out the driver and Cyberlink is stuck until ATi gets the finger out.

Funny. Seeing how MMC 9.06 has veered away from the card, I can't see it easily veering back to support a future AIW sporting the Theatre 550 Pro chip.
    I'm amazed ATi has thrown their lot in with 3rd parties like Cyberlink, and accept being subject to the vagueries of the Cyberlink development cycle.

How could ATi have decided to ignore the frustration and disappointment this decision would cause every non-MCE user?

Still, I notice some of the resourceful ones here are starting to nudge the card to life

ONE BRIGHT SPOT
    Seeing how the card has had some teething pains in its NTSC variety, I can only assume the long wait for the PAL implementation will come accompanied with fresh drivers for all! Only Michael knows....

Thanks
    Just a small question. In the 'ATI AVStream analog capture' properties, I can set the video standard. Does it mean the NTSC cards can capture PAL through S-Video or Composite?

Cheers.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Good article; some pertinent comments:

S.
    Yet another review that tells how bad PowerCinema is!

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_...ro/default.asp
    Last edited by thethinman; 15-03-2005 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks
    I've got audio to be in sync with video!
    after capturing with GraphEdit, and encoding with CCE, the audio is synchronised with video.
    The differences in the graph compared to what SHSPVR posted are:
    -After 'ATI AVStream analog capture', the ATI video preview output goes to VMR9
    -The ATI video capture pin is connected to huffyuv (a lossless codec), and then to 'AVI mux' (input 01)
    -The ATI audio capture output pin is connected to 'Tee/Sink to sink converter' (to split the audio signal to the default direct sound device, and the input 02 of AVI mux)
    -The Avi mux output pin goes connected to the file writer filter.
    That's it. Audio synchronised to video.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    I have my TV for viewing live TV

Jonas
    That's the wisest post in the whole thread

Thanks
    after capturing with GraphEdit, and encoding with CCE, the audio is synchronised with video.
    -The ATI video capture pin is connected to huffyuv (a lossless codec), and then to 'AVI mux' (input 01)
    -The ATI audio capture output pin is connected to 'Tee/Sink to sink converter' (to split the audio signal to the default direct sound device, and the input 02 of AVI mux)
    Can you get a graph to provide an mpeg stream with both video and audio? It looks like you were accomplishing an avi capture.

S.

Thanks
    Does ATI's monumental blunder with the Theater 550 change anyones view on buying one of their newer 3d cards? It certainly does for me.

Thanks

I got audio too.... but much more straightforward than how you describe it. I didn't have to use the TEE. When I looked at the connections in GraphEdit, AUDIO wasn't connected at all past ATI AVStream Analog Crossbar, or to an AUDIO RENDERER at all. I just added a DirectSound Audio Renderer and connected the audio downstream. Strangely even without any connection between the ATI AVStream Analog Crossbar and the ATI Analog AUDIO Input of the Video Capture Filter, I still get audio anyway.. weird.

Jonas

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wenis
    Does ATI's monumental blunder with the Theater 550 change anyones view on buying one of their newer 3d cards? It certainly does for me.
    No it doesn't, I blame their multimedia division for this. I love my x800xtpe, & the 9700pro before that.

Thread Information