Page 81 of 146 FirstFirst ... 31415161717879808182838491101111121131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,296 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Sub, thanks for the great program. Soon I can ditch PowerCinema. There are two things that have kept me from do so. First one was the profile doesnt stick and that was mentioned on previous posts. The second is recording S-video source on-the-fly where I can press a key to start recording or stop recording without going through the "TV Guide" menu or the "Recording" Menu. Basically I want to capture some old vhs tapes and LDs that I have and author them to DVDs.

Thanks
    Sorry SHS, I didn't know you had helped sub with GB-PVR...

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    I found out from Komplett.no that the card has still not shipped in Europa. They will receive their first cards for the 1st May. The gentle tech support guy talked me through the Norwegian web site, so I have ordered it (695k = €85 = $108 = £58).
    I feel I can finally commit now GBPVR is up and going. Cyberlink/MCE is out of the question for me.
    For the UK folks, it now appears certain that Komplett UK will have stock at this date.
    Also overclockers likely never had stock: they were just testing the waters: at least Komplett UK was honest about it: they put up the web page without a buy button because they had no stock.
    So did they (Komplett.no) agreed to ship the card out of Europe for you....?
    If yes, then I am happy. I also hope to get the card shipped for me from
    Europe, one day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capaholic
    Sub, thanks for the great program. Soon I can ditch PowerCinema. There are two things that have kept me from do so. First one was the profile doesnt stick and that was mentioned on previous posts. The second is recording S-video source on-the-fly where I can press a key to start recording or stop recording without going through the "TV Guide" menu or the "Recording" Menu. Basically I want to capture some old vhs tapes and LDs that I have and author them to DVDs.
    Sorry guys there too many pages for me to read through now. What program is everyone talking about. And what are the results?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Gb-pvr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wenis
    Sorry guys there too many pages for me to read through now. What program is everyone talking about. And what are the results?
    GBPVR. Go to gbpvr.com and download it. It's free, but if you like it you might consider a donation to keep the project going.

S.

kev
    Thanks
    GB-PVR works great with my 550, I love the non delay during channel change.. Can anyone tell me how to get my sapphire remote to work with it?

Thanks
    There's no delay because the time shifting is disabled by default. :/

Is there anyway to have it on automagically?

Thanks
    My remote works ok with gb-pvr (only tried changing channels and volume, and the numbered buttons).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalravi
    So did they (Komplett.no) agreed to ship the card out of Europe for you....?
    If yes, then I am happy. I also hope to get the card shipped for me from
    Europe, one day.
    Ah, sorry, I slipped a detail out there.
    I have a friend in Norway who shall receive the card and ship it to me, with gift marked on the package for the benefit of the nice customs people. I shall iban him the postage and hassle.
    Now all I have to do is figure out if there's a signal demod that'll turn the SECAM airwave signal into tasty PAL.
    Jus' waitin' on those SECAM drivers, ATi...
    No-one in France'll stock this card cos your so slow, ATi...
    60 million Frenchmen can't be wrong, ATi...
    Your bad support also scared off Komplett.co.uk, ATi...

Thanks
    www.anandtech.com did a MCE TV Tuner roundup. They compared 6 MCE-compliant TV Tuners and guess who came out on top.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capaholic
    www.anandtech.com did a MCE TV Tuner roundup. They compared 6 MCE-compliant TV Tuners and guess who came out on top.
    I don't think people were too much worried about the card, they were more concern of the software bundle that came with it, and they mention that during the last bit of the review, on how the bundled software sux...

This thread would of not have been this long if ATI would of just released the said *promised* software for it as stated in their manuals or had PowerEnema have the features people actually could use or user configurable.... But, I'm glad GBPVR is working for this card now, which satisfies what most of the people wanted from this card.

I personally sold mine( no ATI profit)........ I have a 6600GT w/VIVO, so I use that for converting home videos and stuff(works great for me).. I also have a MiniDV that does analog to DV conversion..so.. it's all good for me I have an AIW in my other system IF I ever want to watch TV on a PC... ....

I'm just glad people are finally getting some use from this card...
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    If anyone in the US has a theater 550 NTSC card they would like to trade for a Hauppauge 150mce, let me know. I want two 550's in my MCE, and I'm tired of Hauppauge's drivers.

email me @ coreybacklund@cableone.net if you are interested.

Thanks
    You can always buy it back one day islasian
    There's a link to other reviews too from the www.anandtech.com review. I have gambled that ATi won't orphan this card as they are ignoring this thread lately, and that new drivers will make the tuner sit up and sing and support sharpness control and other goodies to conform at least to MCE, and that 3rd party soft will integrate ATi driver updates in a timely manner, etc.
    The original Hexus review quoted ATi as saying they felt their chip was 2 dev cycles up on the competition: so they'll deliver on these drivers. It's just so long a wait.
    Last edited by blakev; 20-04-2005 at 06:00 AM. Reason: need name

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    You can always buy it back one day islasian
    I for one, am NOT going to be buying any more ATI products I made that clear when I PM Michael B. about his 2nd lame post to peoples question on this thread, where we wanted to the point answers and he was dancing around with *you know the type...blah..blah * answers.... Yes, I was the one he mentioned that PM'd him for a better answer....When a rep with his position comes to a forum and starts giving lame-duck answers to consumers of their product, I don't know about anyone else, but that business doesn't deserve my money....
    Reading through this thread, 550 is supposed to be out in UK, but people are haveing trouble finding an outlet that sells it, if it's such a great product, then what's stopping ATI from shipping it out and the outlets from stock piling these cards???

Look @ what you had to do blakev, you had to have a friend ship you the 550..... and I hope you'll be happy with this card now that you can get a good software to support it

But don't worry, it's all good like I mention already.....
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    ok, I'm not reading this thread!!!!

Can some one give me a sumery of what software works with the 550 pro tuner?

Also is there any shapness control?

Thread Information