Page 80 of 146 FirstFirst ... 30405060707778798081828390100110120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,265 to 1,280 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I'm glad those without MCE finally have an option that works. I tried it and it worked just fine although for now I"m sticking with MCE for a couple of reasons.
    gbpvr - the good - works fine. low cpu usage during recording (medium setting) 2% on my box , ability to set bitrates, epg setup is painless if you live in a zap2it area, less bloated than MCE. It's free, you can't beat that!
    -the not so good for me - memory intensive, far more than MCE, I'd have to figure out girder to set up my sapphire remote.

That said, I think Sub has done a fabulous job and if I didnt already have MCE I'd happily be using GB-PVR.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhinn
    I'm glad those without MCE finally have an option that works. I tried it and it worked just fine although for now I"m sticking with MCE for a couple of reasons.
    gbpvr - the good - works fine. low cpu usage during recording (medium setting) 2% on my box , ability to set bitrates, epg setup is painless if you live in a zap2it area, less bloated than MCE. It's free, you can't beat that!

Don't forget that it also changes channels MUCH quicker than those other programs. .... it's annoying to have to wait for the channel to change.

Jonas

Thanks
    Nice job sub it work well now you need to do fix the recording profile it seem be stuck on the default btirate setting.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Nice job sub it work well now you need to do fix the recording profile it seem be stuck on the default btirate setting.
    Even when you edit the settings of the recording source?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Don't forget that it also changes channels MUCH quicker than those other programs. .... it's annoying to have to wait for the channel to change.
    Jonas
    And another thing--MCE limits you to 2 tuners. GBPVR can handle more than that, which is handy in my 3 tuner setup.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Sub explained to me that 'bug'.
    The screen where you think you should set the bitrates is not where you should set them; in that screen, you only modify the different presets, and when you are going to set up a recording, you choose what profile you want.
    If you want to record while watching TV (manual recording), you should set up the medium preset to the desired bitrate (the program will then use the medium preset).

Thanks
    That what I'm talk about the recording, where I choose what profile I want to use and it alway stick to default 7MB btirate setting even know I chosse higher setting and even try the lower setting as well and do I know how use GB-PVR after all I help him with lot of things in GB-PVR you forgot hrlslcbr I been do this for 4+years now.
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 15-04-2005 at 09:44 PM.

sub
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks for the comments guys.

SHS, I'm not aware of any issue there. I'll check after work tonight.

sub
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhinn
    ...I'd have to figure out girder to set up my sapphire remote.
    If ATI had also given me a remote, I would have looked at that as well...
    Last edited by sub; 15-04-2005 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks
    GBPVR now works fully with my 550 and 2 150's, all recording at the same time. Any conflict has now been resolved.

Thanks again sub for a great program.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    If ATI had also given me a remote, I would have looked at that as well...
    sub, thats okay. I have the sapphire card which uses the cyberlink remote which is ir, it's different from the Ati one wihich is rf. No biggie for me since I have MCE but your program is so good I can see switching soon if MCE doesn't add the functions that programs like yours and others are adding/have.
    Last edited by Myrdhinn; 15-04-2005 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sub

The EPG is the Electronic Program Guide, or in layman's terms 'your tv show listings'.

GB-PVR has built in stuff to make it easy to get TV listing in the US/Canada/UK, but for the rest of the world users will need to use XMLTV to get TV listings (see http://www.xmltv.org).

Once you have XMLTV successfully generating a listing file, then you can configure GB-PVR to use the XMLTV Plugin, and point it to your XMLTV file.

Thanks Sub we really appreciate it. To me the EPG is not a big thing. You can do manual scheduling right? The list of programs I want to record is fairly short... and I usually have them all in my head anyway.

Thanks again

Jonas

sub
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Yes, you can add non-epg channels, and perform manual recording.

Thanks
    Why is the volume so low on this card? Is there anyway to up the volume in the live tv part of GBPVR? Like if I go to Net radio the volume is normal, but the live tv volume is like 1/3 the volume of the Net radio.

Thanks
    I found out from Komplett.no that the card has still not shipped in Europa. They will receive their first cards for the 1st May. The gentle tech support guy talked me through the Norwegian web site, so I have ordered it (695k = €85 = $108 = £58).
    I feel I can finally commit now GBPVR is up and going. Cyberlink/MCE is out of the question for me.
    For the UK folks, it now appears certain that Komplett UK will have stock at this date.
    Also overclockers likely never had stock: they were just testing the waters: at least Komplett UK was honest about it: they put up the web page without a buy button because they had no stock.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace
    Why is the volume so low on this card? Is there anyway to up the volume in the live tv part of GBPVR? Like if I go to Net radio the volume is normal, but the live tv volume is like 1/3 the volume of the Net radio.
    This is an issue I've had with the card since the day I got it. I too am waiting for a driver to hopefully fix this...

Thread Information