Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The all new 'Well Dodgy Joke Thread 09' ... with knobs on!

Thanks

Re: The all new 'Well Dodgy Joke Thread 09' ... with knobs on!

One day, a tramp is walking along when he hears something in the distance. As he gets closer, he realises that it's somebody's voice. As he gets closer still, he begins to hear what they're saying: "Help, help!". He looks around, trying to find the source of the cry, until he looks at the frozen lake.

There, in the middle, he finds a little girl has fallen through the ice, and is desperately trying to get out. The tramp runs over, and slips and slides towards the girl. He helps her out the freezing cold water as her father comes running over.

He says, "Thank you so much for saving my daughter's life! If there's anything I can do to repay you, name it and it'll be yours!".

The tramp thinks for a moment, and says, "Well, I'm a tramp, you see. I don't have much by the way of money."

The father replies, "No problem. Here, I only have ten pounds on me at the moment, but I'd be happy to go back to the house and give you a proper reward."

"No, no!" insists the tramp, "Ten pounds is more than enough!". With that, the father bundles his little girl into the car, thanks the tramp again, and drives home.

The tramp wanders around beside the lake, wondering what to do with the ten pounds. "Ten pounds!" he thinks, "I've never even had ten pounds at the same time before." After some careful thinking, he decides that the best use of the money would be to go on holiday.

With that, he goes to the high street and walks into the first travel agents he can find. He sits down with the travel agent, who casts a suspicious eye on him. He declares, "I'd like to go on holiday!". When prompted with his budget, the tramp replies that he has ten pounds to blow.

"Ten pounds?" says the travel agent. "There certainly aren't any holidays for ten pounds - you must be joking!"

The tramp, though, is determined to go on holiday, and pleads with the travel agent to look anyway. Eventually, she relents, and begins to search online and through the catalogues. Eventually, she finds something suitable - a super-economy, hyper-budget round-the-world cruise.

"I'll take it!" says the tramp triumphantly.

As the weeks pass and the first day of the cruise approaches, the tramp can do nothing but think about the adventures he'll have - the thought of boarding the ship consumes every waking moment he has, and most of the sleeping ones too.

Eventually, the big day comes. As he approaches the dock, he can see an enormous queue of people, all waiting to go on board. The captain is there at the front, shaking every passenger by the hand and welcoming them. The tramp joins the queue and, inch by inch, gets closer to the ship. As he gets to the front, he shows his ticket, to which the captain says, "I'm sorry sir - this is a super-economy, hyper-budget ticket. You'll have to wait until the other passengers are on board first."

Fortunately, the tramp is so pleased to be going on holiday, he's happy to wait. As he watches the others board the ship, his mind once again wanders off to thoughts of how much he's going to enjoy the journey. Just as he's in the middle of a day dream, the captain brings him back to reality by saying, "Excuse me, sir. You can come on board now."

The captain leads him aboard the ship, and through the decks of the ship. They pass through first class, with four inch thick carpets and picture frames lined with gold. He notices the three inch thick carpets and silver plated pictures in second class, while third class makes do with two inch thick carpets. As they descend lower still, they pass through the kitchen, past the great engines, to the very bottom of the ship.

Here, the captain opens a dull, grey door to show a damp, dark little room. Water drips from the ceiling, and all that can be heard is the roar of the engines. The tramp is ecstatic, however - this is the first time he's ever had a room to sleep in.

The captain explains, "Now, due to having a super-economy, hyper-budget ticket, I'm afraid you'll only be able to enjoy the luxuries of the ship after the other passengers have returned to bed." The tramp isn't bothered, and is simply happy to be able to enjoy those luxuries at all.

As the days go by, the tramp tries out what the ship has to offer - he eats in the different restaurants, plays snooker, watches films, and enjoys himself no end.

One night, he decides to visit the swimming pool. He climbs up the ladder to the very top, and dives into the pool. The captain, who happened to watching, approaches the tramp, saying, "My goodness! That was the best piece of diving that I've ever seen! Are you some sort of professional?"

The tramp replies, "No, not at all. In fact, that's the first time that I've ever even been in a swimming pool."

The captain thinks for a moment, and says, "In that case, you must have incredible natural talent. Tell you what - practise for two weeks, and then you start putting on a show for the passengers of this ship. You can earn your keep with us."

The tramp accepts immediately, overjoyed at the thought of finally having a job. For two weeks, he does nothing but practise, slowly perfecting his dive.

For the two days before his first performance, the crew builds the ladder for the spectacular event.

Eventually, the big day comes. All the members of the ship are there - the captain, his crew, the passengers - all have come to see this fantastic feat. The tramp grabs the ladder and begins climbing. Up and up, towards the sky, until the passengers become but small dots. He climbs higher still, until he can hardly see the ship. Still, he carries on, up through the ozone layer, until he can see the Earth as though it were a marble. He continues climbing, up past Mars and the asteroid belt, past the gas giants, past Pluto until he reaches the very edge of the solar system.

And then... he jumps! He passes Pluto and the gas giants, zooms past the asteroid belt and Mars, and hurtles towards the Earth. He speeds towards the ship, and lands perfectly back into the pool. The crowd go wild - this is unlike anything they've seen before!

But the tramp doesn't stop - he reaches the bottom of the pool, and smashes through. He crashes through first class, with its gold lined pictures and thick carpets, through second and third class. He passes the kitchen and the engines and his damp, dark little room. He penetrates the hull of the ship, continuing onward until he reaches the very bottom of the ocean.

He struggles for breath, but, amazingly, just manages to make it back to the ship. The crowd are astonished - this was a feat like no other. They can't contain themselves, cheering and applauding the tramp.

The captain walks over and says, "Wow, that was simply phenomenal! But I've got to know - how on earth did you survive?"

The tramp smiles, and explains, "Well, I'm a tramp you see. I've been through many a hard ship."
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

2. Received thanks from:

Dareos (16-05-2009),Haiku32 (18-05-2009)

Thanks
    • shadowmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston SSD V series 64GB + Samsung F3 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870 1GB in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1200W Dark Power Pro
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker 832 SE
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ G2222HDL 21.5inch 1080p
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

1. A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost
    to get married?"
    And the father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying for it."

2. A man said his credit card was stolen but he decided not to report it.
    Why? Because the thief was spending less than his wife did.

3.When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be
    sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line

Don't know if this is just a sick coincidence, but....

2007 - Chinese year of the Chicken - Bird Flu Pandemic devastates parts of Asia.
    2008 - Chinese year of the Horse - Equine Influenza decimates Australian horse racing.
    2009 - Chinese year of the Pig - Swine Flu Pandemic kills hundreds of people around the globe.

Has any one else noticed this? ...

It gets worse next year... 2010 - Chinese year of the Cock - what could possibly go wrong?

-------------------------------------------------

Jade Goody has been portrayed by the media as a heroine for raising awareness about cervical cancer, in spite of the fact that she forgot to have a smear test.

Last year, I forgot to turn off an unlit oven before leaving for work. The ensuing explosion killed my wife and three children.

Was I portrayed by the media as a hero for raising awareness about gas safety?

Was I ****.
    Last edited by Whiternoise; 14-05-2009 at 02:18 AM.

5. Received thanks from:

chuckskull (14-05-2009)

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by mike_w View Post
    One day, a tramp is walking along...
    Is there an opposite to the [Thanks] button, like an [Argh you mofo I want my 5 minutes back!!] button?

Would really be useful for this one...

handscombmp

What does Stephen Hawkings say when his pc crashes?

Nothing.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: 'Hello'

WOMAN: 'Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?'

MAN: 'Yes'

WOMAN: 'I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only£1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?'

MAN: 'Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.'

WOMAN: 'I also stopped by theLexusdealership and saw the new Models. I saw one I really liked.'

MAN: 'How much?'

WOMAN: '£90,000'

MAN: 'OK, but for that price I want it with all the options.'

WOMAN: 'Great! Oh, and one more thing...the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking £950,000'

MAN: 'Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of £900,000. They will probably take it.. If not, we can go the extra 50 thousand if it's really a pretty good price.'

WOMAN: 'OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!'

MAN: 'Bye! I love you, too.'
    The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths agape.

He turns and asks: 'Anyone know who this phone belongs to?'

9. Received thanks from:

Allen (23-05-2009),chuckskull (15-05-2009),finlay666 (20-05-2009),mediaboy (28-05-2009),Output (16-05-2009),Workaholic (15-05-2009)

Registered+
    Thanks

Bloke says to his wife........ "so what would you do, if I won the lottery?"
    ....wife replies ....... "I'd take half and leave you!!"
    "Great!!" ...her husband says.... "I just got three numbers, and won a tenner!!" ......... "take five and... F**K OFF!!!"

Thanks

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

(un)sound medical advice

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
    A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
    A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
    A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
    A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
    A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
    A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
    A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
    A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
    A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
    'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.
    Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Katie Price and Peter Andre are splitting up.

Apparently it all kicked off at the weekend when he heard on the news that the Pope had been in Jordan
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

14. Received thanks from:

dave87 (18-05-2009)

Thanks

NO SEX SINCE 1955

A crusty old Marine Sergeant Major found himself at a gala event hosted
    by a local liberal arts college. There was no shortage of extremely
    young idealistic ladies in attendance, one of whom approached the
    Sergeant Major for conversation.

'Excuse me, Sergeant Major, but you seem to be a very serious man. Is
    something bothering you?'

'Negative, ma'am. Just serious by nature.'

The young lady looked at his awards and decorations and said, 'It looks
    like you have seen a lot of action.'

'Yes, ma'am, a lot of action.'

The young lady, tiring of trying to start up a conversation, said, 'You
    know, you should lighten up a little. Relax and enjoy yourself.'

The Sergeant Major just stared at her in his serious manner. Finally the
    young lady said, 'You know, I hope you don't take this the wrong way,
    but when was the last time you had sex?'

' 1955, ma'am.'
    'Well, there you are. No wonder you're so serious. You really need to
    chill out! I mean, no sex since 1955! She took his hand and led him to a
    private room where she proceeded to 'relax' him several times.

Afterwards, panting for breath, she leaned against his bare chest and
    said, 'Wow, you sure didn't forget much since 1955.'

The Sergeant Major said in his serious voice, after glancing at his
    watch, 'I hope not; it's only 2130 now.'

(Gotta love military time !!)

16. Received thanks from:

chuckskull (18-05-2009),mediaboy (28-05-2009),pauldarkside (18-05-2009)

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Engineers Terminologies

* A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT APPROACHES ARE BEING TRIED

We are still pissing in the wind.

* EXTENSIVE REPORT IS BEING PREPARED ON A FRESH APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM

We just hired three kids fresh out of college.

* CLOSE PROJECT COORDINATION

We know who to blame.

* MAJOR TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH

It works OK, but looks very hitech.

* CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS DELIVERED ASSURED

We are so far behind schedule the customer is happy to get it delivered.

* PRELIMINARY OPERATIONAL TESTS WERE INCONCLUSIVE

The darn thing blew up when we threw the switch

* TEST RESULTS WERE EXTREMELY GRATIFYING

We are so surprised that the stupid thing works.

* THE ENTIRE CONCEPT WILL HAVE TO BE ABANDONED

The only person who understood the thing quit.

* IT IS IN THE PROCESS

It is so wrapped up in red tape that the situation is about hopeless.

* WE WILL LOOK INTO IT

Forget it! We have enough problems for now.

* PLEASE NOTE AND INITIAL

Let's spread the responsibility for the screw up.

* GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF YOUR THINKING

We'll listen to what you have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with what we've already done.

* GIVE US YOUR INTERPRETATION

I can't wait to hear this bull!

* SEE ME or LET'S DISCUSS

Come into my office, I'm lonely.

* ALL NEW

Parts not interchangeable with the previous design.

* RUGGED

Too damn heavy to lift!

* LIGHTWEIGHT

Lighter than RUGGED.

* YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT

One finally worked.

* ENERGY SAVING

Achieved when the power switch is off.

* LOW MAINTENANCE

Impossible to fix if broken

18. Received thanks from:

Georgy291 (23-05-2009),Powderhound (18-05-2009)

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Five surgeons are discussing who has the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, 'I like to see accountants on my operating table because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered.'

The second responds, 'Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is colour-coded.'

The third surgeon says, 'No, I really think librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order.'

The fourth surgeon chimes in, 'You know I like construction workers. Those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would.'

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed, 'You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine, and there are only two moving parts - the mouth and the a**e - and they are interchangeable'

20. Received thanks from:

Englander (19-05-2009),mediaboy (28-05-2009),Salazaar (20-05-2009),shadowmaster (19-05-2009)

Thanks
    • shadowmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston SSD V series 64GB + Samsung F3 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870 1GB in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1200W Dark Power Pro
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker 832 SE
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ G2222HDL 21.5inch 1080p
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave87 View Post
    But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed, 'You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine, and there are only two moving parts - the mouth and the a**e - and they are interchangeable'
    So true...

Registered+
    Thanks

"A man escapes from prison where he has been for 15 years. He breaks into a house to look for money and guns and finds a young couple in bed.

He orders the guy out of bed and ties him to a chair, while tying the girl to the bed he gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he's in there, the husband tells his wife:

"Listen, this guy's an escaped convict, look at his clothes! He probably spent lots of time in jail and hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck." If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain, do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is probably very dangerous. If he gets angry, he'll kill us. Be strong, honey. I love you."

To which his wife responds: "He wasn't kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute, and asked me if we had any vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you too!!"

Registered+
    Thanks
    • RockGod117's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Crucial Ballistix Elite
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 128GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr III HD 7850
      • PSU:
      • CoolerMaster 700w Silent Pro
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 20" 2053BW
      • Internet:
      • 20MB down, 2MB up

Just bought a goldfish and it's epileptic!

But if i leave it in it's bowl it's fine.

24. Received thanks from:

baius (10-06-2009)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information