Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 345678916263646 ... LastLast

Thread: fatal1ty fp-in9 sli

Thanks
    @Marcus: I would suggest cloning-imaging your f6'd clean install on a raid array.won't take more than 30mins.Thats how i did it.

steps:
    1.get a cloning-imaging proggie. i use acronis true image workstation with universal restore.(very-very-very useful!)
    2.do a clean f6 raid etc instal on a single disk complete w/ mb and graphics drivers.
    3.install acronis or similar prog.
    4.make a bootable cd with acronis.
    5.image your install drive on a usb disk or other media network drive etc.
    6.remove single installation disk, or include it in an array, or just slip in the raid disks.
    7.enable raid in bios, configure your array,reboot to verify it and boot with the cd you created in step4.
    8.restore the image you created in step5, on the raid set.
    9.overclock the hell out of the mobo, and if you get a corrupt raid system disk, no worries, repeat step8 and you're playing again in 10mins.
    voila!

EDIT:Never-ever leave two system disks(single and raid set) boot together in windows! doing so will screw up the registry.

@danroyle: This happened cause vista has integrated sata-raid-scsi drivers in it, not needing the f6 xp crap.I guess putting xp over vista did your trick.
    Last edited by OKsoVRomoSKylo; 17-03-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tips OKso...

Quote Originally Posted by OKsoVRomoSKylo View Post
    @Marcus: I would suggest cloning-imaging your f6'd clean install on a raid array.won't take more than 30mins.Thats how i did it.

steps:
    1.get a cloning-imaging proggie. i use acronis true image workstation with universal restore.(very-very-very useful!)
    2.do a clean f6 raid etc instal on a single disk complete w/ mb and graphics drivers.
    3.install acronis or similar prog.
    4.make a bootable cd with acronis.
    5.image your install drive on a usb disk or other media network drive etc.
    6.remove single installation disk, or include it in an array, or just slip in the raid disks.
    7.enable raid in bios, configure your array,reboot to verify it and boot with the cd you created in step4.
    8.restore the image you created in step5, on the raid set.
    9.overclock the hell out of the mobo, and if you get a corrupt raid system disk, no worries, repeat step8 and you're playing again in 10mins.
    voila!

EDIT:Never-ever leave two system disks(single and raid set) boot together in windows! doing so will screw up the registry.

@danroyle: This happened cause vista has integrated sata-raid-scsi drivers in it, not needing the f6 xp crap.I guess putting xp over vista did your trick.

Thanks
    Shoul i buy this one? or Asus P5N-E Nvidia 650i SLI ? have someone a review? or a benchmark/overclock? i'm very interested in this board, btw my CPU is a E4300..

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by espadas View Post
    Shoul i buy this one? or Asus P5N-E Nvidia 650i SLI ? have someone a review? or a benchmark/overclock? i'm very interested in this board, btw my CPU is a E4300..

at the minute board is not running well but neither is the asus this one needs a new bios which is due anyday soon once we get it it should run very well

Thanks
    i think i'll get this one.. i mean in a month or two, we'll have a good/stalbe bios.. hope i don't be sorry after buying it.. ^^ cuz this appears to be a very good board for OC..

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by espadas View Post
    i think i'll get this one.. i mean in a month or two, we'll have a good/stalbe bios.. hope i don't be sorry after buying it.. ^^ cuz this appears to be a very good board for OC..
    IT does have some issues but it is pretty good you just have to let it warm up a little bit

i find if i switch my psu on then the pc within a few seconds she hangs on post but if i just give it ten seconds to get some juice through she boots 99% of the time now

and am slowly tweaking the overclock up more and more and finding it 100% stable

Thanks
    OK, sorry but at this point i feel i have to put my ideas out..please feel free to comment
    -people like you and me buy all sorts of mb's to experiment with for one reason or another.. for some it's a hobby, for some it's work, for some like me, both.
    -people like you and me make companies like abit, take their marketing decisions and i'm afraid their strategy has to change because we are a small percentage of their potential market..
    -the product sold, the mb in our case, should perform strait out of the box, and not in 2 months if not more..
    -nobody guarantees that the mb will actually perform or even function properly with a future bios release, since the hardware or the design cannot be actually tested with a proper bios..
    -so just judging by aesthetics or marketing gimmicks, or a hunch that this board oc's well or has potential etc, when it doesn't do what its supposed to do strait out of the box, is wrong, and justifies abit's give us your money now and wait strategy..
    -people should wait for reviews, judge, and buy after..

Thanks
    i've seen a full review of this board...

Thanks
    ok, go buy it then.. just don't complain if you get sick and tired waiting for a working bios..

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    ok, go buy it then.. just don't complain if you get sick and tired waiting for a working bios..

a working bios is due in the next few days or so from abit its not like it wasa six month wait board has been out a month

how long did the 680 nforce boards take to get working properly

seems you want the latest technology but expect everything to work perfectly as soon as you get it

the board is good the bios is bad at least they are trying to sort it

Thanks
    a working bios is due in the next few days or so from abit its not like it wasa six month wait board has been out a month
    hope you're right, but that's what some abit guys kept telling us about the in9 xmax bios, 3months ago...
    for the aw9d max 6months ago.. and these boards still won't cope with a quad as advertised on the box..

how long did the 680 nforce boards take to get working properly
    i'm afraid they still have issues, some of which are hardware related, and a+ revisions are on the way..

seems you want the latest technology but expect everything to work perfectly as soon as you get it
    don't you? this is not a pre release board, it's a product being sold to people..

the board is good the bios is bad at least they are trying to sort it
    how can you tell the board is good if the bios can't prove it? Even Abit doesn't know if the board is good..

nothing personal with you or your views, we're all on the same boat.. just hoped abit's response with betas and final bios releases matched or even coped with the bleeding edge frenzy.. but that's not the case i'm afraid.

they won't even see what's going on in their forums...

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    i agree with what you are saying although i feel your perspective is obscured by your view from that awfully high ground you sit on

you claim nf680 is still broke and that the bios release for in9 max and aw9d max still arent done

you clearly know of problems with abit and bioses and then come on here and bit** and moan about them

why did you buy the board if abit are so bad

then secodnly abit will do the bios as we have GILGAMESH in there ears constantly making sure they do

and lastly i can tell the board is good with a bad bios the same way mst other people on here can because when it works it's fast works well

most of the issues on here i have missed out on my only issues with it are cold booting and pci slots not working which i dont use

Thanks
    i think this is turning personal and that was not my intention.
    the way you reply makes me feel your working for abit, and you feel insulted.

i'm afraid my view is quite ok from where i stand.

i buy all boards that come out, because that's my job.

i don't say bioses aren't out, i say you still can't oc a qx properly (2 out of 4 cores get multied) 3months for the in9 and 6months for the aw9d.

i say a+ board releases are already out for the 680i, dealing with qx fsb scaling overclockability (vgtlref)

gilgamesh for me is a hero.. he's doing his best, he's everywhere.. even at the abit.usa forums and xs.. but he's only one person..

i have all the rights to bit*h and moan until things become better.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    i think this is turning personal and that was not my intention.
    the way you reply makes me feel your working for abit, and you feel insulted.

i'm afraid my view is quite ok from where i stand.

i buy all boards that come out, because that's my job.

i don't say bioses aren't out, i say you still can't oc a qx properly (2 out of 4 cores get multied) 3months for the in9 and 6months for the aw9d.

i say a+ board releases are already out for the 680i, dealing with qx fsb scaling overclockability (vgtlref)

gilgamesh for me is a hero.. he's doing his best, he's everywhere.. even at the abit.usa forums and xs.. but he's only one person..

i have all the rights to bit*h and moan until things become better.
    certainly dont work for abit

and certainly not personal against you

it's my general opinion that we have become a bit** and moan country

there are so many people these days that claim to be fricking computer geniuses and everyone moans but none of them actually have the nuts to go out and write a bios themselves or try and fix it

so apologies to you mate definitely not personal

just an opinion thats all

Thanks
    • pastymuncher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600K @ 5Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Gskill Trident 3866mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250Gb Samsung 970 Evo Polaris+960GB Corsair MP510
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3D GTX1070 iChill Air Boss X3
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Straight Power 11 550w
      • Case:
      • Self built desk mod
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    I have to agree with OKsoVRomoSKylo. This board was a nightmare for me. It would'nt even run stabily at stock speeds. Nothing but lock ups and freezing at the post screen, crashes and random restarts and Sli did'nt work for me unless i used the 93.71 display driver which has a bug when used with my cards. It's simply not good enough from a company like Abit. This is labelled as a Fatal1ty board and so is aimed at enthusiasts. What good is a board that does'nt work straight out of the box. They must have known about the problems so they should have done something about it before they launched it.
    I actually returned mine for a full refund under the DSR's as it was not fit for purpose. I have now got a Gigabyte 965P DS3P and have no problems at all. In fact i have my E4300 happily sitting at 3.4ghz 8 hours Orthos stable. I am now trying for 3.6ghz which boots into windows but i will wait for another 8 hours of Orthos to finish before saying it's stable. Ok i have lost Sli but it did'nt work anyway and i will be upgrading to an 8800 soon aswell.

This was not my first Abit board as i had a 754 AV8 (think it was an AV) NF3 and then a 939 AN8 32X Sli until recently. They were cracking boards and performed very well. This may have been the last Abit board i buy for a while.

Thanks
    • gilgamesh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit IP35 PRo
      • CPU:
      • 8500 wolfdale
      • Memory:
      • 2x2 gigs (4 gigs) of OCZ REAPER X Ram
      • Storage:
      • 500GIG WD SATA 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vvikoo 8800GT (1GIG MAX)
      • PSU:
      • Gigabyte ODIN 1200W
      • Case:
      • Mountain MODS U2 UFO CASE original top WATER COOLED TO HELL!!
      • Monitor(s):
      • cibox 22"WD LCD
    Quote Originally Posted by danroyle View Post
    i agree with what you are saying although i feel your perspective is obscured by your view from that awfully high ground you sit on

you claim nf680 is still broke and that the bios release for in9 max and aw9d max still arent done

you clearly know of problems with abit and bioses and then come on here and bit** and moan about them

why did you buy the board if abit are so bad

then secodnly abit will do the bios as we have GILGAMESH in there ears constantly making sure they do

and lastly i can tell the board is good with a bad bios the same way mst other people on here can because when it works it's fast works well

most of the issues on here i have missed out on my only issues with it are cold booting and pci slots not working which i dont use

Darn straight mate.

I think the lads will be back from CE-bit this Monday, so Ill have a word with Mr Wei for you all to get these issues addressed.

I can understand everyones frustrations on these issues, however please be rest assured I will do everything I can to get these BIOS issues addressed. Richh I will consult with you on that 'special forum' to check progress and add extra input in this matter.

MOST issues with the IN932 MAX have been ironed out, and I have it on personal word that they have addressed most of the issues wit hthis board, such as GPU overhang over southbridge etc. To the gentleman whom was mentioning that the BIOS is not out for the in932 max. Please check the abit forums on the usa site and you will find a beta bios. The reason why it is a BETA BIOS is that abit are FULLY checking for any known issues. What would you have more bugs inthe BIOS, or a full final one later? Personaly I would recommend the latter.

THe fpi9-SLi IS a very good board and I can see its potential (epsecially when the Northbridge runs at a COOL 25C on idle-with no fan, compared to that of the IN932 Max which runs at 36 to 38 on idle) Abit is a company to be patient with, remember they are human too and are subject to mistakes like ALL mainboard manufactuers.

Lastly you can be rest assued that I will be 'flea' in abit's ear (sorry lads at abit) until these issues are addressed.

Thanks for your time

Gilgamesh
    In the immortal words of Ali-G "Is it cos I is an Overclocker?"

Thread Information