Page 82 of 146 FirstFirst ... 32425262727980818283848592102112122132 ... LastLast
Results 1,297 to 1,312 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myth
    ok, I'm not reading this thread!!!!

Can some one give me a sumery of what software works with the 550 pro tuner?

Also is there any shapness control?

What do you mean? You started it.

GBPVR is the best program to run the 550. It has an EPG and allows fine bitrate control. You still do not have sharpness control. Give GBPVR a try.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    What do you mean? You started it.

GBPVR is the best program to run the 550. It has an EPG and allows fine bitrate control. You still do not have sharpness control. Give GBPVR a try.

S.

I have stoped reading this thread 1,000 some posts ago! I just figured I'd wait a bit and let ATI clean up there mess.... And you mean to tell me there still isnt sharpness control!!!!!!

Edit: also doe sit still take a few seconds to change the chanel?
    Last edited by myth; 20-04-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks
    I have two 550 tuners with MCE 2005. There is no channel changing lag. I am satisfied with picture (although sharper would be better). The sound volume is still way low.

I, too, am hoping the drivers will mature, and solve the problems with the card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    ok, I'm not reading this thread!!!!

Can some one give me a sumery of what software works with the 550 pro tuner?

Also is there any shapness control?

After trying several different software packages (including GB-PVR), I would still give BeyondTV the highest marks due to its most refined interface, full support for many different remotes, EPG/recording integration [easier to use than GB, listings more accurate, better naming system], PMC device support, multiple file format & bitrate encoding (post-recording), and web interface which you can use to remotely schedule records. If you need a complete media center or a free solution, look elsewhere as BTV is TV only and isnt free, but if you only care for watching tv with PVR features, BTV is IMO the most refined and best solution out there right now that supports the 550.
    Last edited by Smahatma; 20-04-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    Edit: also doe sit still take a few seconds to change the chanel?
    With GBPVR, it is instantaneous.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smahatma
    After trying several different software packages (including GB-PVR), I would still give BeyondTV the highest marks due to its most refined interface, full support for many different remotes, EPG/recording integration [easier to use than GB, listings more accurate, better naming system], PMC device support, multiple file format & bitrate encoding (post-recording), and web interface which you can use to remotely schedule records. If you need a complete media center or a free solution, look elsewhere as BTV is TV only and isnt free, but if you only care for watching tv with PVR features, BTV is IMO the most refined and best solution out there right now that supports the 550.
    I do like BTV, but I shelled out $50 for the program and an additional $20 for an extra tuner license. GBPVR is free, and runs all three cards.

BTV permits fine bitrate adjustment, but all shows set to record are encoded at the same bitrate. With GBPVR, you can give each program its own bitrate. If you plan to "watch and release" 2 shows, and keep 1 show, you can set the keeper to record at a higher bitrate. GBPVR wins here as well.

I recommend you try GBPVR before you spend the money on BTV. It is a very capable program and permits a TiVo like system.

S.

Thanks
    I installed Beyond TV just to see it. Didn't like the automatic stuff related to PVR and TV listings all geared to the US market. It also uninstalled in a most sloppy manner. I hate having to reinstall my OS every 6 months because of programs that clog up the registry with their sloppiness.

I prefer "smaller footprint" programs, like mpc2kxp6484. GBPVR is another excellent example of high quality freeware and eliminates entirely all memory of Cyber-turd.

Like ciregnol, I'm gambling on ATi getting the finger out regarding drivers.

Like others, and i said it here in public, the attitude of ATi's rep, Michael, with his marketeeze, was insulting. I lose all respect when folk put spin on a situation, then deny it. Just cos you hale from an English working class town doesn't make you incapable of spin, dear sir! Your remarks are there in black and white. He knows he lost face because he sort of "disappeared".

I sympathize, Myth. The length of this thread means you could easily change your handle to "Dr. Frankenstein".

ATi still does make good hardware, always have. Musn't forget what the different AIWs gave the encoding crowd: that piece of kit made lots of stuff possible, while other companies were sucking wind. That ATi've messed up with everything non-hardware with the 550 Pro, no one can deny. But I'm sure they will react. One day. Canadian company? =Glacial slowness. Maybe global warming'll speed 'em up.

islasian, about there being no cards in Europa: if the drivers are only just out of beta for PAL, I guess it's understandable folks are "cautious". Margins are too low for suppliers to fart about with crappy support. I ordered it because I could and also by nature I prefer taking risks and failing than sitting tight waiting. Hate waiting. Plus I have some tweaking friends who'll visit once it arrives. The card's hardware spec is a buzz, after all!

If I were smarter, I would have held off until we see some action on driver support for SECAM. Frankly I'm whistling in the dark regarding SECAM. I'm not going to decompile these drivers and try to add SECAM myself, after all!
    If ATi drops SECAM, I'll get a standalone DVD+HD burner to encode my SECAM vids. Once the price is down, that is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    islasian, about there being no cards in Europa: if the drivers are only just out of beta for PAL, I guess it's understandable folks are "cautious". Margins are too low for suppliers to fart about with crappy support. I ordered it because I could and also by nature I prefer taking risks and failing than sitting tight waiting. Hate waiting. Plus I have some tweaking friends who'll visit once it arrives. The card's hardware spec is a buzz, after all!
    blakev, I understand where you're coming from... I too didn't want to wait, reason I bought it as soon as I could when it first came out... but the software bundle they put out with it sucked... especially when their manual was telling you how to work their proprietary software, and then you hear from reps that they aren't going to support *that* software... that's called bait & switch where I'm from, and companies like that, no matter how good other people claim their products are, don't deserve my hard earned money...

I'm glad you're going to be able to have friends work on the card for you, but as a comsumer, you shouldn't have to buy a card and hack it to make it work the way it was hyped up to work... plus, I've read a couple other thread on people asking when ATI products are coming out for PAL, and the rep would say, in a couple weeks... which translates to MONTHS...... I just hope PAL gets better support that US market since they are taking so long to get it out for you guys....
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    Hi all,

I am newbi of GB-PVR, and I would like to know how to set up 2 550 pro for TV recording.

ps. I've just got 2 550 pro PAL version this afternoon.

Much thanks!

Tim ; )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adktk
    Hi all,

I am newbi of GB-PVR, and I would like to know how to set up 2 550 pro for TV recording.

ps. I've just got 2 550 pro PAL version this afternoon.

Much thanks!

Tim ; )
    Set one as capture #1 and one as capture #2. Make sure you associate Theater 550 with each card in the "add new" dialogue box. Set up your EPG. You will need to do some research on XML--I don't use it in the States. Until you set up the EPG, you will not be able to use GBPVR. Can anyone give Tim an XML primer or source?

S.

PS Please post the source of your cards for other interested buyers.

Banned
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I've just got 2 550 pro PAL version this afternoon.

Tim ; )
    where from m8, overclockers are stil waiting 2 weeks after I put in my order when they said 3 days!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    where from m8, overclockers are stil waiting 2 weeks after I put in my order when they said 3 days!

I bought 2 Sapphire 550 pro directly from Sapphire Hong Kong head office yesterday, they are costed HK$1,400 (US$180). One sales rep.told me the PAL version would offically sell in Hong Kong today.

Tim

Thanks
    I bought 2 Sapphire 550 pro directly from Sapphire Hong Kong head office yesterday, they are costed HK$1,400 (US$180). One sales rep.told me the PAL version would offically sell in Hong Kong today.

Tim
    Is that $180 each?

S.

Thanks
    US$180 x 2 550 pro cards.

Tim : )

Thanks
    US$180 x 2 550 pro cards.

Tim : )
    Ouch! I thought they manufactured those cards only a few miles away from Hong Kong.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 22-04-2005 at 02:14 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Is anyone else getting anxious to hear what ATI has to say in response to the questions and issues raised in this forum? The last time we heard from Andrzej, if memory serves, he said he was taking our list of concerns to ATI for answers and was going to start a new thread with them. It has been about three weeks now without even a peep from anyone connected with ATI and I'm starting to wonder if they have decided to just ignore us.

What's up, ATI? Some of us are still waiting for answers.

Thread Information